Food for children entering their teenage years
The growth spurt as children move into adolescence needs plenty of kilojoules and nutrients. For girls, this generally occurs around 10 to 11 years of age. For boys, it occurs later, at around 12 to 13 years. 2 Buy Women’S Fat Burning Pills Online
- The extra energy required for growth and physical activity needs to be obtained from foods that also provide nutrients, instead of just ‘empty calories’.
- Takeaway and fast foods need to be balanced with nutrient-dense foods such as wholegrain breads and cereals, fruits, legumes, nuts, vegetables, fish and lean meats.
- Milk, yoghurt and cheese (mostly reduced fat) should be included to boost calcium intake – this is especially important for growing bones. Cheese should preferably be a lower salt variety.
- Adolescent girls should be particularly encouraged to consume milk and milk products.
Older teenagers and young adults
Moving away from home, starting work or study, and the changing lifestyle that accompanies the late teens and early 20s can cause dietary changes that are not always beneficial for good health. The Best Fat Burner Pills For Women of 2022
- Make a deliberate effort to keep physically active.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Reduce the amount of fats and salt in the daily diet.
- Be careful to include foods rich in iron and calcium.
- Establish healthy eating habits that will be carried on into later life.