Food for young children
Once a child is eating solids, offer a wide range of foods to ensure adequate nutrition. Young children are often picky, but should be encouraged to eat a wide variety of foods. Trying again with new foods may be needed for a child to accept that food. As many as 8 to 15 times may be needed. Best Weight Loss Supplements For Women of 2022
During childhood, children tend to vary their food intake (spontaneously) to match their growth patterns. Children’s food needs vary widely, depending on their growth and their level of physical activity. Like energy needs, a child’s needs for protein, vitamins and minerals increase with age. 2 Supplements To Burn Fat While Sleeping
Ideally, children should be accumulating stores of nutrients in preparation for the rapid growth spurt experienced during adolescence. Appropriate weight gain and development will indicate whether food intake is appropriate.
Food-related problems for young children include obesity, tooth decay and food sensitivities.
- If a child is gaining inappropriate weight for growth, limit energy-dense, nutrient-poor snack foods. Increase your child’s physical activity. You could also limit the amount of television watching.
- Tooth decay can be prevented with regular brushing and visits to the dentist. Avoid sugary foods and drinks, especially if sticky or acidic.
- Ensure your child has enough fluids, especially water. Fruit juices should be limited and soft drinks avoided.
- Reduced-fat milks are not recommended for children under the age of 2, due to increased energy requirements and high growth rate at this age. Best Supplements For Weight Loss For Females of 2022
- Be aware of foods that may cause allergic reactions, including peanuts, shellfish and cow’s milk. Be particularly careful if there is a family history of food allergy.